Latin Name: Capsicum annuum Linn.
Appearance: Brown to white powder
Specifications: 5% ~ 99% capsaicin
Text Method: UV / HPLC
1. Capsaicin is currently used in topical ointments to relieve the
pain of peripheral neuropathy such as post-herpetic neuralgia
caused by shingles. It may be used in concentrations of between
0.025% and 0.075%;
2. It may also be used as a cream for the temporary relief of minor
aches and pains of muscles and joints associated with arthritis,
simple backache, strains and sprains;
3. Capsaicin is being explored as a cure for diabetes by
4. Capsaicin is able to kill prostate cancer cells by causing them
to undergo apoptosis;
5. Capsaicin is able to trigger apoptosis in human lung cancer
cells as well.